In-person client service will resume on August 4, 2020
July 21, 2020 – We are pleased to announce that Teranet Manitoba will resume in-person client service for the land titles and personal property registries on Tuesday, August 4, 2020.
Employees will be available to provide in-person search assistance at all six Teranet Manitoba offices during our regular office hours. Public Health recommendations will be enforced in all offices, including:
- Standard signage for external doors and counters will be provided and posted in all offices.
- Employees and visitors must maintain social distances of at least two metres (six feet), except during brief exchanges.
- The number of visitors permitted in the reception area will be limited based on the appropriate spacing required. Floor decals will be used to help ensure distancing is maintained.
- Plexiglas barriers will be installed at front counters in all offices.
- Visitor access will be restricted to the client reception areas.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations will available for client and employee use in all locations.
- Masks will be available for all employees and visitors. Employees will be required wear masks when assisting visitors.
- Routine cleaning regime in place for overall sanitization of Teranet Manitoba offices, including frequent cleaning in high-traffic client areas.
- Clients who make an in-person appointment will be asked to complete the Public Health self-assessment screening tool online before coming in to the office (see https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool/).
- Clients who are unwell or who have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 symptoms are asked to not enter the office.
COVID-19 mail and document quarantine processes will continue
All incoming mail and physical documents, including cheques and plan mylars, will continue to be quarantined for 72 hours, regardless of how they are delivered to our offices.
Mail should continue to be directed to our P.O. boxes.
Other COVID-19 processes to remain in place
The new COVID-19 processes implemented by Teranet Manitoba (since March 13, 2020) will remain in place to help reduce the number of visitors to our offices. This includes:
- Reduced staffing levels in our offices.
- Registering builders liens, court orders, urgent caveats and notices under The Homesteads Act by phone and email.
- Registering survey plans through eRegistration using eRegistration of Plans (Light).
- Video witnessing rules and the use of the Video Witnessing Certificate (Form 32).
- Registering non-urgent documents, such as name changes and survivorship requests, by phone and email.
- Mandatory use of eRegistration for all clients who register more than 10 documents per year.
Contacting our team for assistance
Because the number of visitors will be restricted, we anticipate there may be longer in-person wait times than you are used to. We encourage all clients to continue contacting our Client Service Team by phone or email when they are able to. You can reach them at email@example.com, at 1-844-737-5684 (toll free), or though the online chat feature on our website.